In the past few months we've experienced lots of changes across all social media platforms due to the new iOS updates. Unfortunately, lots of businesses across different industries have been affected by this and have been completely unaware of how they've been affected.
Our Med Spa and Plastic Surgery clients were taken care of, but many were not so lucky. For some, revenue decreased, while others rode the wave and made immense profits by pivoting in the right direction.
Today I want to share with you how you can leverage three core attributes of your social media marketing strategy to remain unaffected from these iOS updates while increasing revenue for your business.
USP stands for Unique Selling Proposition. This is the one product or service that your Plastic Surgery medical practice offers that your customers want the most. It's the one offer or service that makes your business stand out from your competitors. The problem some businesses face is they offer the exact same service as their competitors without looking for unique ways to stand apart.
- 70% of your social media content creation plan should be around this one service, especially if it brings in most of the revenue.
- Improve overall visual presentation. Invest in high quality content.
- Create an absurd amount of educational content around it (testimonials, informational videos, before/afters, answer questions, reward systems, packaging offers).
- Have a Content distribution strategy. Organic reach is at an all-time low and unless you promote it, nobody will see your content. We recommend running Facebook and Instagram ads, specifically Facebook ads for Plastic Surgeons where our clients have seen 3X - 50X ROAS (Return on Ad Spend).
While your competitors waste their advertising efforts promoting everything under the sun, you become the go-to person for that one service or offer.
Therefore, having much more profitable campaigns and happier clients.
Which bring us to point number two.
Now that people know all about your product or service, you want your copywriting skills to do most of the heavy lifting.
There are lots of great copywriting books out there to learn from (Anything from David Ogilvy, Gary Halbert, Dan Kennedy, etc). However, I will share with you a quick acronym you can to use as a guide when writing content, ads or even your emails:
The acronym is AIDA. It stands for:
- Attention: Capture their attention. Think of a question you can use here as an opening statement.
- Interest: Speak to this specific persons interest or pain point.
- Desire: Show your prospect exactly how your service is the solution to their problems.
- Action: Tell them why they should take immediate action.
These are the main components of any piece of content you write. And the best part, it works on any industry.
However, even while using AIDA, writing copy can be challenging. Which is why that at Blue Media Online, my Digital Marketing Agency in Las Vegas we have a copywriting team that specializes in writing copy for Med Spas, Cosmetic Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons that increases appointments, sales, traffic and engagement.
Using AIDA, your copy must inform, educate and persuade your audience that what you have to offer is the best investment they can make in themselves.
Which brings us to our last point...
You have the perfectly packaged offer, copy to increase sales, but unless the right people see your ads and engage with your content, it all becomes irrelevant.
You need to get crystal clear with who your ideal customer is and where you can find them.
- Do they spend most of their time on Facebook, Instagram or Linkedin?
- What brands do they like?
- What books and TV shows do they watch?
Saying that you are targeting females from ages x-xx is not enough anymore.
You have to be extremely detailed on who you're speaking to so you can address their beliefs, pains and desires.
A combination of these three points is necessary if you want to get more qualified leads, sell more of your products or increase appointments.
The days of just running a single ad without any strategic thought or direction are gone.
Posting for the sake of posting doesn't work anymore.
You have to be intentional with your overall marketing strategy if you want to stand out and thrive in today's digital market.
Our clients know this and see the fruits of our labor.
To your marketing success,
Owner of Blue Media Online
It’s time to change it up and we’re here to help